In the development of its activities, the Institute of Collective Health of UFBA maintains a close partnership with universities and research centers abroad through the bilateral exchange of teachers, students and researchers in teaching programs and collaborative research projects.
The internationalization of the Graduate Program in Collective Health has been consolidated and renewed on several fronts, which ensures the prospects of conducting cooperative studies and strengthening the capacities of knowledge production for the training of researchers and teachers.
In 2018, the program was responsible for publishing 80 articles in foreign journals. The researchers were involved in research and collaboration projects with 43 different universities in 13 countries.
- U.S: Case Western Reserve University, Yale University, Universidade da Carolina do Norte em Chapel Hill, Universidade Estadual da Georgia, Universidade do Texas, Michigan State University, Brown University, Harvard University, Emory University, Brooklin Health Disparities Center e Stanford Medical Center.
- UK: London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Universidade de York, Universidade de Liverpool, Universidade de Lancaster, Universidade de Manchester, Universidade de Glasgow, University College London,University of East London,Saint George´s University of London e Universidade de Bristol.
- France: Centro de Sociologia Europeia (Paris), Université Pierre Mendes (Grenoble), Université Lumiére-Lyon II, Université de Limoges e Université de Cergy-Pontoise
- Canada: McGill University, Université de Montréal e Universidade de Québec à Montréal
- Portugal: Universidade do Porto, Universidade Aberta de Portugal e Universidade de Coimbra
- Argentina: Universidad Nacional de Lanús, Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Universidad Tres de Febrero
- Sweden: Instituto Karolinska e UmeåUniversity
- Uganda: MRC/UVRI Uganda Research Unit on AIDS
- Australia: Queens land University
- India: Instituto Indiano de Saúde Pública de Hyderabad
- Ecuador: Universidad San Francisco de Quito
- New Zealand: Universidade de Massey
- Netherlands: Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Faculty of Earth and Life Sciences – Health Sciences.